CYO is committed to protecting your privacy
Who are we?
North East Essex Christian Youth Outreach (CYO) works with young people in schools and colleges across the Colchester area to support them in their wellbeing and to offer opportunities to explore spirituality and faith.
We are a UK registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation, No. 1168047
You can contact us by email: email@example.com
or at our registered address: CYO, Elim Church, Clematis Way, Colchester, CO4 3PY
or by phone: 01206 863835
Information we collect from you
We do not obtain any personally identifiable information about you when you just view our website but we do use the following third party service providers.
How and why we use your information
CYO will only collect and retain data that is required in connection with the relationship you have with us (for example, donor, supporter, partner organisation, someone with an interest in our work) and we will provide you with information that we believe is important, in your interest to know, or that you have permitted us to send to you.
We may use the information you provide to:
- tell you about our work, news, resources or events.
- let you know about other projects or events that may be of interest to you and are consistent with our charitable purposes.
- to review the use which visitors make of our website, to respond to your communications with us or questions, and to protect website security.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process donations and send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers (like, but not limited to, the ones mentioned earlier) we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and they in turn are bound by GDPR to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
We may need to pass on information if required by law or by a regulatory body. For example, a Gift Aid audit by the HMRC, or if asked for details by a law enforcement agency.
We will hold your information only for as long as is necessary and we review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid).
It is important to us that the information we hold is accurate, up to date, and that we are using it in the way that you expect.
Please contact us if you would like to:
- review the information about you that we hold. To ensure the confidentiality of everyone’s data, in some circumstances we may need proof of identity before we can release this information.
- update your information, for example your email or postal address.
- ask us to delete all of the information about you that we hold.